This one-year, evening/weekend, Level 8, 60 ECTS credits programme gives a foundation in Theological Studies to students who hold a primary degree in another discipline.
Who is this programme for?
Those interested in:
- An accredited introductory programme in Theology.
- A gateway to a masters degree in Theology or Pastoral Ministry.
- Teachers interested in a qualification that allows the teaching of Religious Education*.
- Or simply those looking for a structured way to look at life’s big questions.
This programme provides a blended learning experience, combining online modules with some on campus learning, giving participants the flexibility to fit in learning around their other life commitments.
* This Higher Diploma meets all the Teaching Council of Ireland’s requirements for the teaching of Religious Studies at post-primary level. It entitles teachers holding Department-recognised degrees and teacher training qualifications to teach up to 15 hours’ Religious Education per week in a secondary school.
A primary degree or its equivalent is required. While the degree/qualification will normally be in a discipline other than Theology, consideration will be given to all applications.
Online content blended with live online classes on Wednesday evenings during term time (6:30-9:30pm), 3 hours of asynchronous classes every week (at whatever time suits you) and six Weekends (Friday evening into Saturday) over the course of the the year. The weekends are the only time you actually have to come on campus.
Systematic Theology, Moral Theology, Sacred Scripture, Foundations of Worship, World Religions, Church History, Philosophy of Religion & Secular Thought