To introduce students to key aspects of Catholic Social Teaching with a focus on Justice and Human Rights.
- — Have a good knowledge of the social teaching of the Church
- — Be aware of key historical developments in Catholic Social Teaching
- — Be able to apply CST to a number of key justice and human rights issues
- — Be familiar with key concepts of CST
- — Benestad, J Brian. Church, State & Society: An Introduction to Catholic Social Doctrine. Washington, D.C.: CUA Press, 2011.
- — Corkery, Pádraig. Companion to the Compendium. Dublin: Veritas, 2007
- — Cullen, Philomens et al, eds. Catholic Social Justice. London: Continuum, 2007.
- — Curran, Charles E. Catholic Social Teaching 1891-Present: A Historical, Theological, and Ethical Analysis. Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press, 2002.
- — Curran, Charles E. & Richard McCormick. Official Catholic Social Teaching. Readings in Moral Theology 5. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, 1986