Seminar: 25 hours Private study: 100 hours
Aims: The core focus of the course programme is on identifying the roots and routes of the European project and investigating how to valorize them in the contemporary globalized context. This involves a questioning of historical contexts, cultural canon, scientific approach, institution building and citizenship from a wider comparative and international perspective.
The programme consists of following five modules, structured in two parts:
PART I – Historical and Cultural Roots: Implications for Europe Today
· Contribution of History to European Consciousness
· Literature, the Arts, Translation and European Identity
- The Influence of Europe in the History of Science
- Democracy and Civic Engagement: Beyond Differences.
PART II – Social and Political Construction: Implications for the Future of Europe
· European Social Humanism
- Dates: The second week of July from Sunday to Saturday
- Place: Gubbio, Umbria, Italy (near Perugia and Assisi). More details are on our website: Click here.
- Cost for student: 300e (which can be offset with Erasmus or College award)
Application Process: Submission of
- A short motivational letter (1 page)
- CV (1 page)
- Contact Data: Family name, Given name, email address, date of birth, nationality, phone number
- Affiliation (discipline, faculty and university)
If you want to know more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elements and Forms of Assessment:
Essays: 100 %